본문 바로가기

Scammers are getting so sophisticated that at times it is almost impossible to distinguish between genuine and fraudulent phone calls, emails and texts > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기

회원메뉴

쇼핑몰 검색

회원로그인

회원가입

오늘 본 상품 0

없음

자유게시판

Scammers are getting so sophisticated that at times it is almost impos…

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Mariel
댓글 댓글 0건   조회Hit 122회   작성일Date 24-06-30 00:46

본문

Scammers are getting so sophisticated that at times it is almost impossible to distinguish between genuine and fraudulent phone calls, Top 10 mẫu đồng hồ nữ bán chạy nhất emails and texts. 

But Money Mail readers are a savvy bunch. 

A fortnight ago, we asked you for your Top 10 mẫu đồng hồ nữ bán chạy nhất tips for identifying fraudsters. Here, we reveal the best… 

Threat: Fraudsters are becoming more and more sophisticated at impersonating banks and other financial organisations

See if they know your nickname

My wife and I have a password known only to us.

We will ask for this if anyone tries to impersonate us by phone, text or Những mẫu đồng hồ nữ đẹp giá rẻ email.

If friends message me from a new number or email address, I ask them for my nickname before I will engage with them.

I don't have a nickname — so my friends' reaction tells me whether they are genuine. Anyone who tries to answer is a scammer.

If anyone attempts to sell me an investment, I tell them I'm a pensioner living in rented OAP accommodation. They then assume that I have no assets and quickly terminate the call.

And when in any doubt, I speak to them in Welsh or Spanish.

That always causes confusion.

Peter Jones, 78, retired civil servant from Bristol.

Ask for the balance on your account

If someone calls from a financial organisation where I am a customer, I ask them to identify details from my account.

Scammers almost certainly won't have access to that data, whereas a real representative should be able to answer this.

I ask questions such as ‘What is my current balance?' or Top 10 mẫu đồng hồ nữ bán chạy nhất ‘What transaction did I carry out on a specific date?'.

Of course, if the scammers have this information, then you're already in deep trouble!

Ian Birch.

Privileged info: Another reader asks callers claiming to be from a financial organisation where they are a customer to identify details from my account

Genuine callers will leave a message

Trust nothing unless you know who the contact is.

With email, never click on links or attachments.

When I receive phone calls, I do not answer immediately if the caller is not in my contacts list. Callers who are genuine will leave a message.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.